Thread: Build a windmill generator out of spare parts

New (limited use until 15 posts) Helio's Avatar
    Thanks

Build a windmill generator out of spare parts

In November I want to start building a windmill out of parts from either a junk yard, or curbside. I am visioning crafting the stand out of old fence posts, and the blades from some type of used aluminum. I imagine the generator will be the most expensive piece? I will come back after I get started to update the progress. I will spend the next couple of months researching.

2. # Special Announcement
    Special Announcement
    Warning:
    The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. OhmCheck.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any work with electricity.

Ohmcheck.com is designed specifically for DIY electrical enthusiasts and homeowners. This is the leading site on the web for how-to electrical articles and videos, as well as the #1 growing electrical how-to forum.

If you are not already a FREE member, join now and experience the vast wealth of knowledge that is forever growing here at OhmCheck.com.

Tinkerer
    Thanks
    sounds challenging, but if you can pull it off, you might be able to harness some juice for your abode. Doubt if you will get enough though to sell back just from one mill though. How big will this be?

New (limited use until 15 posts) Helio's Avatar
    Thanks
    I love a challenge. Really, it's just going to be a long side project that will eventually develop into something useful. No rush on any of it. I plan on it being big enough to power most of my house though, but still doing research into what that takes.

New (limited use until 15 posts)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    In November I want to start building a windmill out of parts from either a junk yard, or curbside. I am visioning crafting the stand out of old fence posts, and the blades from some type of used aluminum. I imagine the generator will be the most expensive piece? I will come back after I get started to update the progress. I will spend the next couple of months researching.
    Sounds really cool, keep us all posted.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

how to build a junkyard windmill

windmill spare parts online

Online windmill spare

windmill spareparts junkyard